Monday 3 December 2012

I Hate Christmas. That's My Truth.

December 3, 2012

Dear Diary,

I hate Christmas.

I hate the lights, the fake cinnamon smells they blast at the store entrances, I hate the pressure, I hate the deadlines. 

I hate the feeling of a monumental annual failure. I hate the sugar overload, the ugly colored cookies, and the snow.

I especially hate the songs. Every last tinny jingle.

That's my truth. 

This is not an inspiring post,

or a post that suggests you should feel any other way than you do.

It's a post that is about truth.

Unedited, radical, shameless truth.

I hate Christmas.

And it's ok if you do, too. Or not.

This year, while I know I must and will go along and try to make some things go well for my family and I, I wish for myself a place of solace on Solstice. 

I ask for a bonfire, ceremony, special people, hot tea with strong herbs, and a moment of magickal stillness in the newborn sunrays.

I wish for a moment of intimacy with nature. A moment to say thank you. A moment to touch the moss and smell the bark. To put acorns in my pocket.

I wish for a chance to model truth and simple spiritual connection for my children.


My hope for you is that you dare to ask for what you really want.

Love,

Ananda






No comments:

Post a Comment