Sunday 20 October 2013

Healing Stories, Glimmer of Hope With Laser Therapy

(Wellness Advocate and Blogger)

Note: Some pictures could be disturbing, my apologies but it was a real pictures to show some clinical cases and personal encounter with patients. 

A before and after laser treatment done by Russian Laser Therapist to a Filipino diabetic parient, suffereing from a diabetic foot due for amputation. The picture was shared by ILCM Clinic, a true to life healing triumph, I don't personally witnessed and see the patient, so I am doing my own documentation.

I love success stories about healing specially if it's something to do with natural cures or by holistic intervention, when Mr. Rommel Santos, Nurse Gloria Flores and Dr. Ardel Binoya told me about one of their patient's almost successful intervention with laser in Cebu. I was moved and asked if I could interview and personally witness their story and meet the family, who are a believer of this kind of healing modality. Healing really comes from within, the body can health itself given the right approach and intervention.

I met the family of one of the patient of Integrated Laser and Complimentary Medicine (ILCP) Clinic, and even visited her at Cebu Doctors Medical Center,  a very close and loving family, I was moved and touched by witnessing the TLC (tender loving care) and unconditional love  they are giving to their mother ( the patient), truly the Filipinos are passionate with healing and we do it with love, when someone in the family is sick the family heals as well, that makes us really different from Western Medicine that deals only the physical and not the emotional well-being of patients. Imagine seeing members of the family as a team preparing homeopathic remedies, dressing wounds with herbal preparations and their burning desire to seek an alternative medical intervention is amazing. The patient I prefer to call "Nanay" (Mother) has no bedsore at all  and you can't find this care anywhere else in the world but only in the Philippines and in Cebu, Cebuanos are such special and loving in nature.

Moving on, I asked if I could take pictures and ask some questions regarding her conditions, medical diagnosis and management like her blood sugar results, CBC and other tests being done, what Dr. Binoya's approach and the patient's conventional doctors approach.  It was so nice of the family to share the information that will surely inspire others as well, seeing this kind of wonderful team/family and their compassionate love for their mother want me to storm the gates of heaven and ask for complete and total healing, just being carried away :-). I will withheld their names to protect their privacy and since their Diabetologist and other doctors are not aware that they are also seeking some complementary form of treatments.

I reviewed laboratory tests results, blood sugar and white blood cells (indicator of infection) dropped low, with medications but the patient relatives told me before the patient was unresponsive to medications until she was underwent a laser therapy and even showed me the "before" photos of nanay (mother) foot gangrenous up to the knee high due for amputation but they refuse since if could be too much for her age and condition. Nanay was co-manged by Dr Binoya using Holistic and Traditional  Medicine intervention, a much conservative approach rather than the aggressive approach.


The gangrenous foot that looks clean and dry, with no tissue juices and no foul odor. WBC count from 36 to 20; FBS < 200 .

Herbal preparation is also used in dressing up the wound such as this "Panyawan"
Too nosy to check what Dr. Binoya's homeopathic remedies given to the patients, then I was surprised, he had those things that are hard to find that I know like the DMSO, from there I know "He's the man." 


Another patient from Carcar, Cebu having an undiagnosed tumors and lesions in the chest believed to be caused by TB, the patient had no money to do all the diagnostic tests required and necessary, so she was treated by Dr. Binoya anyway and she was responsive to the treatment and laser, according to the patient, it was big and scary before as compared now.  



Another patient, a young gentleman diagnosed with kidney failure and due for dialysis because his Serum Creatinine level is so high (more than a thousand ), was spared from Dialysis after 10 sessions of laser treatments and management by Dr. Binoya. He also showed me his laboratory work up before and after, and a marked decreased in Creatinine level at 800 and urinary protein from +3 to +2, a great improvement.




Many more success stories I encountered whenever I am chatting with the patients, there are cases of saved from  bypass operations, stroke patient at a young age that improved with Laser Acupuncture. Some they have it for preventive measures and aesthetic value (rejuvenation/ anti-aging) or for some personal reasons. I am truly grateful to them that they willingly share their stories, testimony and documentations with me, even if I appear asking too much from them, they are a "patient patients" to me. I was so engaged with the patients and their stories, and I do hope to cover more and that they may all get back to normal health and have a total cure and to continually embrace a new lifestyle towards wellness. Truly health is wealth, prevention is still the best cure, but good thing our Medicine of today is evolving and I believed Laser Therapy is one of the Medicine of the Future. This is the so-called "ROAD LESS TRAVELED" in the area of medicine, but Doctors taking this path as I have seen them are more satisfied and fulfilled in their practice. This is really my advocacy that these kind of Natural Medicine flourish and widely recognized again.


For more information:


Integrated Laser and Complementary Medicine
Mango Square Mall, RM 201, Gen. Maxillon Avenue, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
Tel. (+63) 32 416 4604
Mobile: (+63) 916 458 9480
E-Mail: info@yourlaserclinic.com
For Manila and Other Cities Inquiries:

Our new Metro Manila Office:
Unit 2414 Medical Plaza Ortigas, San Miguel Avenue
Ortigas Center, Pasig City  (Near Linden Suites)
0915-810-5557 (Ronnie)
0915-890-5783 (Jay)

No comments:

Post a Comment