Tuesday 22 May 2012

Beauty Secrets Found in your Household Kitchen


You don't have to spend much to be beautiful and taking good care of your skin and body, the price of beauty can be cheap if you just know the tricks. Here listed are some proven remedies, recipe and formula that you can use and the good news is, the ingredients are readily available in your kitchen! Try this and see for yourself. 

 Mayonnaise:
This is also good for your hair, as conditioner treatment, it nourishes and moisturizes your hair. Apply to your hair evenly and let it stay for hours then rinse, result is a smooth and silky hair.

Apple Cider Vinegar:
I Love apple cider, specially Bragg's, it's organic and pure and adulterated. It can cure many conditions as stated in my other posts, but it has also beauty benefits, I  use(massage) it for my hair as hair tonic, it removes itchiness of scalp and stimulate hair growth, also strengthen my hair,  for facials and  as skin toner, put at least 2 tbsp of ACV to a lukewarm water and soak the facial towel and apply to your face for a few minutes, I do this once in awhile and it works for my skin. One great thing that I admired in this product is the soothing and relaxing effect on my tired feet and limbs, Apply and rub into your feet and legs and feel the relaxing sensation, also I read in many books that it also good for varicose and spider veins, I must say it really works amazingly. 

Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) and Hydrogen Peroxide ( Agua Oxygenada):
Why spend a fortune in whitening your teeth? make a paste of baking soda and peroxide, mixed with your toothpaste or after tooth brushing, use it everyday up to two weeks to see the results, also peroxide and baking soda mixture is a good gargle  if you have a sore throat.

I use non-flouride toothpaste as a surfactant, instead of Colgate and other brands which has flouride.

Garlic:
I used it for skin itchness and fungal infections

Calamansi (Philippine Lemon):
I use it to remove body odor specially in under arms, it also whitens skin , rub it in your elbows and as a hair softener and a natural astringent for my face.

Coffee Bean Granules:
Do not throw away that used coffee bean granules! after brewing your coffee, I keep the granules in the fridge for further use as coffee scrub, add some VCO or Olive Oil to the granules and rub to your skin and remove that dead skin cells. It can be use also for plants as natural fertilizer and soil conditioner, talk about eco-waste management and eco-friendly recycling.

Virgin Coconut Oil and Olive Oil:
I make my own massage oils, and I used this two as a base for my massage oils, I add some essential oils to give an aromatic scent, this is perfect in moisturizing skin and keeping it soft and supple, also it get rids of any skin irritations, my doctor friend prescribed VCO to his Psoriasis patients, Edgar Cayce talks about and recommend using  Olive oil based products for youthful skin. I also read that olive oil is good for stretch marks! I noticed I don't have stretch marks even when I'm fat, while I saw a lot of guys and girls have lots of those even they don't get pregnant.

 Ginger: Best for An-An (Fungal infections of the skin)

 Tomato and Ice Cubes (yelo):
I heard the use of this from actress Vilma Santos way way back when interviewed on how she keeps her porcelain skin, she said she rub sliced tomatoes on her face leave it for a few minutes then rub with ice cubes to close the pores and lock in the nutrients of tomatoes, which I think makes a lot of sense, since tomatoes has so much Vitamin C, a vitamin for the skin, fruit acids and other nutrients. I have a kumpare (male friend) using this method as well and his face is pinkish and glowing with youthfulness,  I'm to lazy to do this but hope to spend more time in doing it.

Banana Peel, Papaya peel, Pineapple peel:
Can be use as powerful facials, These fruits are loaded with enzymes, vitamins and minerals  to cleans and detoxify skin, exfoliates and nourish the skin for a youthful glow.

Milk, Oatmeal and Eggs: 
Want some face lift? try mixture of milk, oatmeal and eggs, milk moisturizes and nourish the skin, oatmeal is a good soft scrub while nourishing the skin, and eggs when dried into your skin gives it a lift. 

Activated Charcoal:
It is not only a good deodorizer but also good in detoxifying the skin and trap impurities, it also attracts oxygen into your skin, some rejuvenating clinics apply charcoal wraps in their clients. I use once in a while mix it with facial wash, also made a paste and apply into skin like a mud pack, actually some facial products like Pond's Carbon facial wash have known this principle.

Sugar:
Mixing it with VCO and Olive oil makes a good body scrub (sugar scrub) exfoliating and moisturizing! a must try.

Honey:
I used honey to moisturize  and mineralized my skin, it is also a good "skin food", because it is loaded with vitamins and  enzymes, as they say "anything you can't eat don't put it in your skin," Honey keep my eyes in good condition too, a drop of honey cleanses my eyes and give it vitamins and minerals needed, even tired eyes will look fresh, but it quite painful at first, then tears will come out but after a while my eyes feel relaxed and refreshed. I learned this trick from a yoga teacher way back and research shows that it was also mentioned in Edgar Cayce's books.


I always prefer to use natural products in its purest form for hair and skin care, you know why?:

Did you know that there are over 10,000 chemicals used in personal care products and only 13 percent of these have been tested for safety? How are those going to affect your health?

This all for now, wait for more updates and tips, thanks and give me feed backs.

Tien Cho (RCB)

No comments:

Post a Comment